The scope of work for the project is the development of a Corridor Transportation Study and Economic Development Strategy for the 11th Street (IL Route 251) Corridor in Rockford from the southern City limits (Blackhawk Avenue) to the northern terminus at Charles Street, approximately 4.75 miles in length.
Project Purpose and Goals
- Focusing on transportation solutions to improve pedestrian safety, reduce pedestrian fatalities, and beautify the corridor
- Inform the community on how to move forward, beyond the study, while achieving the goals of the community
- Focus on improvements within the right of way such as sidewalks and lighting, utilizing a complete streets mentality such that the right of way improvement are conducive to drive economic growth
- Utilize the improvements within the right of way as a catalyst to attract people to the area
- Understand that the corridor should be cohesive, while noting the different characteristics of each section
- Provide a conceptual cost for right of way improvements for future programming
Coordination with Stakeholders
Public Meeting #1
Corridor Plan Development
Draft Plan Submittal to City and Stakeholders
Public Meeting #2
Final Corridor Plan
Virtual Public Meeting
December 2, 2020 | Live: 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Meeting Registration (Now Closed)
If you were unable to join us on December 2nd or would like to share this information with a neighbor, a video recording of the presentation and meeting materials are accessible below.
You may request printed meeting materials by contacting us using the form or contact information provided below.
Public Meeting Presentation Video
Community Opinion Survey
A brief, 12-question survey was provided to attendees following the live public meeting on December 2nd. If you were unable to attend the live event or had to leave early, you may still complete the survey at the link below:
Exhibits & Other Materials
Share Your Input
The project team invites you to share your comments and views regarding the Rockford Corridor Study. You can provide input in two ways:
1 Join the Live Session
Join the live Virtual Public Meeting (register here) and provide comments during the Q&A segment.
2 Complete the Online Comments Form
In the form below, provide any concerns, observations and/or thoughts you have about the study. Your input will be directed to the project team for evaluation and consideration.