September 28, 2022 | 5-7 PM
Ignite Church Bartonville Campus
905 S Maxwell Rd, Peoria, IL
The Maxwell Road reconstruction project will extend from Middle Road to Illinois Route 116 (Plank Road) and include a portion of Middle Road from Maxwell Road to Dirksen Parkway. A new 10’ wide multi-use path will also be constructed to connect the existing multi-use path on Middle Road. Reconstruction improvements to Maxwell Road shall include the following:
- New concrete pavement with curb & gutter
- Partial replacement of driveways
- 10’ wide multi-use path for pedestrians & bicyclists (east side)
- 5’ wide sidewalk (west side)
- New crosswalks at Middle Road and Charleston Court
- Center two-way left turn lane on Maxwell Road
- Removal of existing street parking
- New storm drainage facilities
Peoria County has been granted federal funding for a portion of the Maxwell Road reconstruction project.
Bridge construction is anticipated to occur in 2024 and the remaining roadway reconstruction will be completed in 2025.
Share Your Input
The project team invites you to share your comments regarding the Maxwell Road Reconstruction project.
You can provide input in three ways:
1 Join the In-Person Open House (OPEN)
Join the In-Person Open House and provide comments.
2 Call or Write to the Project Contact
Jeff Gilles – Assistant County Engineer
Peoria County Highway Department
6915 W. Plank Road Peoria, IL 61604
309.697.6400 ext. 127
3 Complete the Online Comments Form (OPEN)
Complete the Online Comments Form
Contact UsConsultant Project Manager Emily Munday
Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc.